Tuesday, June 4, 2013

More Strawberries!




Last year Andi took us to a strawberry patch in Balf which was two or three acres. 


We were able to find the patch again this year and in less than an hour we had a bucket full. It had rained most of the night so our shoes and some of the berries were pretty dirty.


There is a nice talkative man that weighs the berries and takes the money.


I am always glad to let Steve do the talking. We got this whole bucket of berries for 1900 forints which is $8.49 in American money.


The nice man was almost as talkative to Steve as he was to this man. He probably didn't know that we understood very little of what he said.


We made some delicious freezer jam with the clear jel and corn syrup we had left over from our stuff James and Britt brought last year. This is the view looking up from the strawberry patch. There is always at least one church in every village.


We couldn't pass up taking a picture of the stork at the end of the road. If I had to come back in a second life as a bird I would want to be a stork!


1 comment:

  1. Yay for strawberries! I am planning to pick some next week and I know I won't get that great deal. I am so glad you are able to make jam how fun.

    ReplyDelete