Saturday, January 5, 2013

District Meeting at our house




About once every six weeks we have district meeting at our house instead of driving to Szombathely. Working with the young elders is a definite plus in being in the mission field.



As the meeting began I noticed five safety pins holding the hem in one of the elders pants. Some people pin them on the inside. I didn't want to interrupt so we continued on with the meeting as I stitched. The bad part is that his leg fell asleep while I sewed.


After the meeting we had lunch consisting of pulled pork sandwiches, fried potatoes, carrot sticks, potato chips and pop.



Topped off with chocolate peanut butter chip cookies which the elders inhaled!


At the end of the day we saw our first rainbow in Sopron. It was so pretty that I am sure there must have been a pot of gold at each end. We sure do love our elders!

3 comments:

  1. the sewing job look great and the cookies even better. I might ever decide to make some. Love you. I do not like the publish part of these blogs. I cannot decide what the letters are sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a really fun meeting especially the sewing in the middle of it :) Are those the peanut butter chips I sent? I didn't even ask if the box had been opened or if it got there in one piece. I hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are having a great time! Love the rainbow! :) I am headed home from my mission this coming Thursday! Can you believe it! I can't. I'm glad that you are doing a blog - it's a great way to keep in touch. :)

    ReplyDelete