Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Christmas Decor in our home away from home

I love this set!



The Crommar's were able to get us a Hungarian nativity set from the lady that makes them that lives in Kaposvar. She was out of the cow and the donkey but we were able to find those at a gift shop in Sopron. Steve gave me the beautiful table cover for Christmas.


This is our cute little tree which was very adequate for our presents and our surprise Christmas socks. It is hard to think that we have been that good all year to get socks too! Ok, Santa didn't bring them, a very kind friend who only hears the good things we do sent them. 


Do you think the decorations in the bathroom are an overkill?
The tree was a little dusty so it had a shower.


Our wreath was so pretty with all four candles burning on the fourth Sunday reminding us of faith, hope, love and joy. Steve got really good with our Chinese lighter. My sister made the runner and it was perfect for the wreath. I actually decorated the wreath to match.


I have never had much luck with getting a Christmas Cactus to bloom but I figured that since this already had blossoms on it at the store that this might be the year. Yep, one blossom emerged! Poinsettia's on the other do well under my care, maybe I should change that to the past tense, did. Our poinsettia died two weeks before Christmas, usually I am trying to knock them off around Valentine Day. Flowers are very inexpensive here.


This is what Christmas trees can look like in Hungary!


Our home was filled with the Spirit of Christmas and a blog to help us remember 
Christmas 2012 in Hungary.



2 comments:

  1. Love the nativity set - your apartment was decorated so cute - You are my example of you don't need much for Christmas - Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nativity too so pretty and the doily underneath wow! I love the Christmas trees and all the decorating. I never thought to put a tree in the shower....maybe this year:)Everybody needs socks for Christmas and I know you are doing lots of good! love you

    ReplyDelete