Saturday, November 17, 2012

Opportunities in Hungary

I had the opportunity to help a branch member out when she asked if I would make a pattern for a life size donkey.


How does one go about making a donkey head without a pattern? I remember hearing a sculptor say once that he just carved away everything that didn't look like a man. I thought that might work for making a donkey as well,  so  I just cut  away everything that didn't look like a donkey on a newspaper. I only had some stripped fabric left over from making bags so this is what I came up with.


Ande then asked if I would make two donkeys for their manger scene in Fertoakos. She gave me a brown blanket that I cut up to make two donkeys. I used the back of the blanket for the front of the ears. Steve came up with the idea of how to get the yarn on for the mane. I was fortunate to find some shredded foam to fill them with so they would not be too heavy to nail on a board and hang up.



It will be fun to see them in action in the manger scene. I am just glad that they didn't want camels!
One more thing crossed off my bucket list!

2 comments:

  1. They look great Mrs. Maughn and Mom are so proud. Who knew that you were taught to make that in 4-H. Great job. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great! Nice work and I know they will be appreciated. take care and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am thankful for you both!

    ReplyDelete