Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!


Usually people don't blog about their birthdays especially women, but I really didn't mind turning another year older with all the great stuff that happened.
Tibor brought the most delicious ice cream cake to our English Club and he also gave me a book with cool pictures. Zsolt gave me a book about Sopron and Eva crocheted two beautiful doilies. 


This party was actually on Saturday, June 30th.


On my birthday Steve took me shopping to find a new skirt and we were successful and also found a summer jacket to go with it.


We forgot to take a picture of our lunch which was an ice cream cone followed by dessert which was a slurpee. My birthday only comes once a year. I took this cool picture of a butterfly the next day when we took the Hartwell's to the Picnic.


On Wednesday the Joo family, who are in our branch, invited the elders and us to dinner at their home in Fertodhakos just outside of Sopron. To my surprise they had a party for me complete with a cute decorated table, balloons and gifts and flowers and a birthday girl badge!


Steve even got a present for being married to the birthday girl!


ElderAbrok and Elder Wright were a bit jealous but they got to eat the delicious dinner of paprika chicken and stuffed cabbage. Elder Wright had two bowls of soup and five servings of the main dishes.


Best of all I heard from all six of our children and all of my brothers and sisters and lots of friends. It just doesn't get better than that. It was definitely worth growing another year older!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I am glad you had such a great day,week:)Did you ever get your card? I hope so

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sound like you had a wonderful birthday week - you deserve a great birthday week. I wonder what they will do for Steve (the old person - 2 days makes a big difference) Love you Cathy

    ReplyDelete