Thursday, February 9, 2012

One more door!

In looking over our entry about our apartment we discovered that we left out the best door of all. It is the door on the right. When our landlady, Erika, was showing us the apartment I went to that door and thought I was going to the hallway that leads to the outside door which is the door on the left. I opened the door and was extremely surprised at what I saw.


It is a twenty foot drop to the garage, there is a ladder that we could use to get to the bottom if we ever had need to get out. Yes, that is a car that you can see on the right. We have no idea how they got the car in there. The door you can see at the bottom has some glass panes in it but the space outside to maneuver to get a car in the garage is small and it is lawn. Erika spoke something to me when I opened the door, I am sure it was don't take a step, or watch your step, or something along that line. We are pretty sure they don't have OSHA here or at least they don't know about Erika's door to get to her garage.
Speaking of doors:


When we came home from our meeting with the branch president on Kedd (Tuesday) we could not get our inside apartment door open. Steve is the master at opening doors so I was more than a little concerned. He went next door to get Erika and she came over and tried. We were glad it was the inside door because it was -0 outside and not real warm inside. Steve finally said a few words in Hungarian (jk) and got it to open then Erica wanted to take it apart. I, on the other hand, was thinking a new lock would be a good idea. I love the look on Steve's face as she is explaining in Hungarian "The Plan". He took it apart and she  moved some parts around and they got it back in but we are a little hesitant to lock our door from the outside. If we couldn't open it from the inside we always have the ladder to the garage!

2 comments:

  1. Be careful in the middle of the night which door you open. Would you like door 1 - 2 or 3 - Love you. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty crazy, I hope no one walks in their sleep.

      Delete