Monday, March 4, 2013

One of our tenderest mercies.



The Elders from Szombathely:  Elder Hansen, Elder Nelson, Elder Cutler and Elder Judd.  They asked us if we would come to Szombathely on Sunday afternoon to help with a church meeting.


This is the  group of university students, who are studying in Austria and came mostly from Africa.  The one Caucasian girl you can see is actually from Hungary and was going to take them to her church, which is the Catholic Church in Szombathely, but the meeting would be held in Hungarian and these students only speak English.  So she asked the Elders if they would host a meeting where we could talk about our church.  


Some of the places they came from were Cameroon, Liberia, Uganda, etc. 


After the meeting they just mulled around and talked to the missionaries.  What a great experience.  I tole them I would love to know their life stories.  I told them I would give them my email address and would love it if they would write to me.  We'll see what happens.
           


I had to put this picture in.  This is Sandor, a man that we bonded with the first time we came to Szombathely.  He is in the branch presidency and just one of the most sincere and loving people I have ever met.  To understand what a thoughtful person he is, he gave that white coat to one of the students.  You can see it in the hands of one of the students in the group picture taken in front of the chapel.  There are people you are OK with just shaking hands, but Sandor is someone that I have hugged since the first time we met.  I love this man.



2 comments:

  1. Thank for sharing this - what a great experience. love you. still do not like the thing I have to do to publish - but for you guys ok

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful experience to have! That is so great so many came. I hope they felt the spirit and will email you back. Take care!

    ReplyDelete