Friday, May 11, 2012

The wrong side of the tracks!


Every place that we need to be is on the other side of the tracks. Some days we get lucky and we don't have to stop at the tracks for even one train. It is really interesting that the arm comes down about five minutes before the train shows up. One time a train went by with just the one car and then after it got past our road it backed up. The engineers must have a contest to see who can tick the most people off.



Sometimes we are not so lucky, which is usually the days when we are in the biggest hurry. Our record so far is six trains. They have it timed so they are evenly spaced so the arm never goes back up until the last train passes by. One time we waited for 20 minutes. Oh, and the engineer is always smiling sometimes he even waves. Such power! So far we haven't seen anybody wave back. At least it doesn't look like a wave!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that sounds extremely frustrating. And I thought I had it bad with the 4 minute stop light I have to wait at every time I leave my neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that they are not long trains so you can count the cars - that use to be fun - When?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some say that they are having a hard time leaving a comment, I wish I could tell you why. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete