Friday, March 30, 2012

Fried Brains!

We are not sure how smart it is to post this blog as our kids might have us committed before we even get home but this is too funny not to share. We have been studying a lot of hours on the language this week so our brains might be worn out. We are really digging deep for an excuse for this one!

It was transfer week so we too Elder Bullock and Elder Wright (Elder Wright just transferred here) to Tesco to get a few groceries. We have been to three stores already this week so we only needed two thing. Steve went to get a paper to write down what we needed. I said we can remember two things all we have to remember is that they start with M & S. We picked up the elders and got to Tesco and picked up the milk. M is for milk, right? Then we just wandered around the store trying our hardest to remember the S word that we needed. We were quite sure that it was a non-food item because we had been to three food stores already. We finally came up with the idea that we could ask the elders to tell us all the things that start with S and if they guessed the right one we would buy them a candy bar. No, not soap, not shampoo, not steak. It was taxing our brains as you can see by the picture above.

We had been home about two hours when we remembered that it was a spray bottle for our ironing.  Is there any hope for these two brains to learn Hungarian?


5 comments:

  1. You two crack me up. The pictures are great, they really tell the story nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your guys are funny -brain freeze - I understand Steve not remembering but Shauna?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. you two are too cute! I am sure you will get the language down in no time! take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome story with even better pictures. I love it and I totally hate it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha... you guys are always so funny! Russ and I do have some comments.. but we will wait for them until we have our monthly "Now spiritual" family home evenings! I have to say I have never cooked better... don't you think? We should keep it up... however I DO PREFER our true physical get togethers a lot better.
    I do believe there is hope for you both to learn the language! I need to get with Zsuzsanna to see when she is going to Hungary next. Maybe she can brings some well needed supplies to you... (Russ and I)!!!! I am happy to read that you still have the companionship of your great Elders! Yes tell the ST George Elder about USU! We need him up here!
    Russ and I just came back from visiting our kids and grandkids in Afton WY. It is always soooo peaceful to be there.
    We hope that you are well and will find a SPA without cold bubbles on your "bottoms?!?!?!?! Love you both and miss you TONS! you are simply the best! All our love, Russ and Christina

    ReplyDelete