Wednesday, February 20, 2013

COUPLES CONFERENCE Feb. 13 & 14.


I think the best part of being here is to be able to associate with such great people.  And then to do it in such a great cause.  


This is Sister Carpenter, one of the secretaries in our mission.  She and her husband come from Brigham City, but she is originally from Australia.  I love to hear her talk.


This is her trusty sidekick, Elder Caprenter.  These two are really the backbone of our mission and they do so much.  They previously served a mission in Singapore doing the same thing they are doing here.  They are great people.


The reason I put this picture is because I wanted you to see the back of my head!!! No, actually the brother sitting across from me is Elder Scott.  He was a surgeon and inside a couple of weeks lost the eyesight in both eyes.  He currently serves as branch president in Eger.  The other elder is Elder Cromar.  He and his wife, who is behind him, got here just a month after we did.  


This is his wife, who has a marvelous voice and can play the piano.  I had to beg her to play that night.


This is a couple, the Hulberts, who just got here a week before the conference.  They come form McCall Idaho.  They are a real nice addition to our group. 


We left the mission home and went to go on a tour of the Buda Castle.  We have heard a lot about it, but I really know very little of the history.  There are a lot of remarkable buildings up there.   




Don't you just love the statues?  I am enthralled with each of them.


This was a lookout over the city of Buda.  I just love the architecture.




I took this so you can believe that we are really here.  Sometimes I have a hard time believing it myself.  
In the other pictures you can see that other people have umbrellas. We have two but we must like the wet straight hair look. You really can't see how straight Steve's hair is but it is, that is why he is smiling!


 Doesn't this look like a fairy tale castle?


This is taken from the castle.  You can see the Danube there and the Parliament Building across the river.  Buda is on this side of the river and Pest is on the other side.   (This also gives you an idea of  what the weather was like.)(I also want you to know I am proud of this picture.)  etc.etc.


Just a few more of the statues.  I never will get tired of them.  Notice the intricate rock work not only in the statue, but in the building behind it.  That is beautiful and amazing.


Just another beautiful example of what you see almost everywhere.  


 

When we came out of the museum this was the courtyard outside. 


After the tour we stopped for dinner at a restaurant.  It is just beyond belief to think I am so blessed to be a part of this group.  They are truly wonderful, WONDERFUL people.  It is so amazing to think we are privileged to be here. 

We certainly love you all!!!!




3 comments:

  1. I loved seeing your wonderful pictures and hearing all about your Senior Get-together! :) I miss all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. The pictures are amazing. I'm glad you guys are having such a good time and get to see so many amazing things. Have fun but not so much that you don't want to come home in July. We miss you guys too much for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you have these fun meetings with such great couples! It sounds like that is a highlight of the mission. I love the pictures of the buildings they have so many details! I would love to see them up close. I can't believe your mission is winding down and you will be back to Providence soon. Take care love you both

    ReplyDelete